Researcher Grants and Awards
In order to encourage further research and advancement in Computerized Adaptive Testing (CAT), IACAT has established the Researcher Awards and Grants. The following two are relevant for the IACAT 2022 Conference:
- The Early Career Researcher Award
- Student Presentation Grants
The purpose of these awards is to encourage younger professionals to contribute to research in CAT and to participate in the IACAT conferences.
1. Early Career Researcher Award
Application Deadline: 01 June 2022
The IACAT Early Career Researcher Award is a prestigious award intended to support early career scholars with an interest in CAT. The recipient of this award will receive a trophy and a grant from IACAT of up to USD$1000 so that they can attend the conference at which their award is to be presented. They will be invited to present some of their own research related to CAT as a keynote lecture at the upcoming IACAT Conference. Submission of a manuscript on topics discussed in the keynote lecture or other CAT-related research to the Journal of Computerized Adaptive Testing within six months after the conference is expected.
To be eligible for this award, the applicant should;
- Have obtained at least a Master’s degree (or be at an advanced stage in completing a Master’s degree) in the field of measurement within the last 10 years.
- Be nominated by a Graduate Faculty Member or Supervisor/Manager for their contribution to the field
- Be willing and able to present at the upcoming IACAT Conference
In order to apply for consideration to receive the award, the following needs to be submitted to Prof. John Barnard (John@EPECat.com) by 01 June 2022:
- An abstract of up to 500 words on a topic in the field of CAT
- A letter of recommendation from the nominator and the nominator’s contact details
- A detailed curriculum vitae of the applicant with special reference to CAT
The recipient of the Award will be notified by 15 June 2022 and will need to confirm acceptance within 10 days after notification.
2. Student Presentation Grants
Application Deadline: 01 June 2022
Students (PhD or Master study programmes) who wish to present a paper at the IACAT conference can apply for a student presentation grant. IACAT has made available up to ten grants (5 x USD$1000 for students from outside of Germany; 5 x USD$550 for students from Germany) to assist with travel and accommodation expenses for such students to attend the upcoming conference. The recipients of the grants will be invited to present their papers at the upcoming IACAT Conference and to submit a manuscript on their research to the Journal of Computerized Adaptive Testing. You must be a graduate student to apply.
In order to apply for consideration to receive a grant, the following needs to be submitted to Andreas Frey (email@example.com) by 01 June 2022:
- An abstract of up to 500 words that you submitted for the conference and that was accepted
- Evidence such as a student identification card indicating you are currently a student
- The name and contact details of the principal Advisor or Supervisor where the applicant is undertaking their studies
An outstanding application may be considered for the prestigious Early Career Researcher Award.
The number of awards to be made in any time period is solely at the discretion of the IACAT Board of Directors, and IACAT reserves the right to not make any awards during any time period.